Frequently asked questions
- DO I NEED AN INDOOR OR OUTDOOR TABLE TENNIS TABLE?
- HOW DO I ASSEMBLE MY TABLE TENNIS TABLE?
- WHY BUY A MORE EXPENSIVE TABLE?
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR DELIVERY?
- WHICH TABLES WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR SCHOOLS?
- WHICH TABLES ARE SUITABLE FOR SOLO PRACTICE?
- WHICH COLOUR TABLE SHOULD I CHOOSE (BLUE, GREEN, GREY)?
- HOW OLD DO I NEED TO BE TO PLAY TABLE TENNIS?
The The materials used to manufacture Cornilleau’s indoor tables are not weather resistant but do provide an excellent bounce, are very stable and are good value for money. This type of table is also used in competitions.
The materials used to manufacture Cornilleau’s outdoor tables are weather resistant (sun, rain, snow, frost) and therefore can safely be left outside without any risk of deterioration. They are longer lasting and the top models still provide a very high quality game.
For more details, you can download the comparison table in the 'Comparing Products' section.
Cornilleau tables are designed for self assembly. However, we do also offer an assembly service at additional cost.
All tables are supplied with an instruction manual and some parts are pre-assembled. We recommend that you watch the You Tube assembly video for your table before you begin. Assembly should take 1-2 hours and will require 2 people.
There are lots of advantages to choosing a more expensive table. Essentially, as you progress through the range, the tables benefit in the following ways:
- Better bounce quality. A thicker top will produce a better playing performance.
- More robust. Tables further up the range have stronger legs and a thicker frame.
- Net and post set. The more expensive tables have better options and you will be able to adjust both height and tension.
- Coating on the playing surface. The more expensive outdoor tables have a MAT Top which is 10 times less reflective than a standard top while Soft Mat tops are 3 times less reflective. Competition tables have a Skill Top coating for a high quality, long lasting performance.
- Additional Features - You will find lots of 'extras' on the more expensive tables such as corner protection pads and ball dispensers.
For more details, you can use our comparison tool or download our comparison table.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR DELIVERY?
The lead time for table tennis tables is 2-5 working days to most post code areas.
Most accessories are delivered within 2-3 working days. Spare parts can take up to 7 days.
WHICH TABLES WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR SCHOOLS?
Cornilleau manufactures a wide range of tables, including both indoor and outdoor models for schools, clubs and public spaces. The materials are reinforced to enhance the table durability and sustain intensive use. The Pro series of outdoor tables is aimed specifically at schools and other institutions. For indoor use, we recommend all models starting from the Sport 250 Indoor.
Cornilleau also has a range of table tennis bats which have been designed for intensive use.
All tables with wheels can be used by one person to train alone. You need to fold one side of the table to create a perpendicular wall that you can play against. Only fixed tables (Pro 510 and Competition 610) can't be used for this purpose.
This is purely a matter of taste and personal preference. In sport and for competition use, green was the traditional colour but this has been overtaken by blue in more recent years because of the contrast with the ball colour which catches the eye easily.
Cornilleau also manufactures all its outdoor tables in grey. This colour is often preferred for outdoor models as it blends into the background of your garden or terrace.
Children can start to play table tennis table from as young as 4 or 5 years of age. However, the regulation height for a table tennis table is 76cm and is most suited to children over the age of 7.