Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your access to the www.ukcornilleau.com website ("Website"). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing and/or ordering any goods from our Website. If you access the Website, and/or place an order for goods, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions please do not use our Website.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
The www.ukcornilleau.com website is operated by UK Table Tennis Ltd. whose registered address is UK Table Tennis Ltd, Worthing Road, West Grinstead, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 8LG, Company Number: 05874695, VAT Number: GB 887 3071 91.
If you have any questions about our website please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Order
By placing an order through our website, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and are over 18 years of age.
The order process is as follows:
- The identification form is completed by the Internet user, on which s/he will list any contact details requested or provide his/her Customer number if applicable.
- The Internet user fills in the online order form by providing all the references for the chosen products or services.
- The Internet user selects his/her delivery method.
- The Internet user chooses his/her method of payment.
- The Internet user validates his/her order once they have checked it.
- The Internet user makes his/her request for payment and makes the payment.
- The Internet user then receives email confirmation of his/her order and its payment from UK Table Tennis, along with the related invoice.
The Contract of Sale
After placing your order you will receive an automated acknowledgement. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. All orders are subject to acceptance by us and we will confirm acceptance to you by advising that your order has been despatched. Once we accept your order, a contract to purchase and deliver goods takes effect between you and UK Table Tennis Ltd.
The contract to sell goods to you only relates to those goods listed in the confirmation email. We will not be obliged to sell any other goods which may have been part of your order until the despatch of your goods has been confirmed in a separate confirmation email.
UK Table Tennis endeavours to describe and present the items sold on the website as accurately as possible. However, some of the products’ features may change slightly, notably where the aim is to improve quality or safety. Should errors occur despite this, UK Table Tennis cannot under any circumstances be deemed liable for this fact.
Similarly, the photos of the products distributed on the www.ukcornilleau.com website remain non-binding. UK Table Tennis cannot under any circumstances be deemed liable on the basis of the photos in question.
Prices for goods on the Website appear on the product pages and are in GBP. They are exclusive of postage and packing. The VAT is applied at the rate in force when the order is placed. Any change in the rate will be applied to the order in progress immediately.
Prices and offers may vary and may only be available for limited periods. All prices and offers are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended at our discretion. The prices on the Website may differ to prices in our retail stores, catalogues or elsewhere.
The Website contains a large number of goods and it is possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the goods listed on the Website may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible. We will give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
We are under no obligation to sell incorrectly priced goods to you at the incorrect price if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as an error.
Goods being delivered you by us will be at your sole risk from the time of delivery to you.
Our product offers and prices are valid for as long as they are visible on the website. As such, the Internet user is invited to check availability of the items sold on the information page for each product.
As a result, under no circumstances does UK Table Tennis guarantee that it will keep products for sale over a given period. Any complaint by the Internet user with regards the order or delivery of an item that isn’t available, will be considered to be unfounded and UK Table Tennis may in no way be deemed liable.
In the event of a validated order, for which a product or item is no longer available within the time stated on the website, the whole order will only be processed and shipped once all the products from this order are available. UK Table Tennis will then inform the Internet user about this extension. The Internet user can nevertheless opt to give priority to the articles from his/her order, which are available.
However, if it transpires that this product is permanently unavailable, UK Table Tennis will inform the Internet user of this fact. The Internet user will then have to choose between:
- Cancelling the entire order: UK Table Tennis will then cancel the entire order and undertake to re-credit the account of the Internet user associated with the number of the banker’s card provided for the original payment
- Receiving those products still available from the order: in this case the Internet user will only have to pay for those goods which are shipped, as well as the transportation costs linked to the shipment of these products and the amount of services selected. UK Table Tennis will have to partially cancel the order and undertakes to re-credit the account of the Internet user associated with the number of the banker’s card provided for the original payment.
In either case, in the event that the Customer’s account is blocked or impossible to re-credit in some way, a cheque will be sent to him/her by UK Table Tennis’s Customer service department.
Delivery costs are additional to the displayed price and vary depending on the delivery service you select and the quantity/weight of goods ordered. We do not currently deliver outside the UK. The delivery charges will be confirmed to you, before your order is accepted.
If any order is subject to extra delivery charges you will be advised of the additional cost before your order is despatched. You have the option to cancel the order if you do not wish to pay any additional delivery costs.
Please note we do not deliver to PO Boxes.
Delivery is free for all orders over £10. Available delivery options vary depending on the items purchased. These are summarised as follows:
Rubbers, blades, clothing, luggage, playing area equipment and spare parts – These orders will be delivered by courier in approximately 5-7 working days.
Bats, balls and accessories – These orders have 3 delivery options as follows:
- Delivery by Royal Mail (will apply to most items)
- Delivery by Courier on a next working day service (service available at an additional cost and available for most items)
- Delivery by Courier 5-7 days (will apply to all a small number of items not stocked by us).
Table Tennis Tables – These orders will be delivered by a 2 man service in approximately 2-5 working days. If you are ordering for delivery to the Scottish Highlands or Northern Ireland, our Customer Service Team will contact you before your order is confirmed to seek your acceptance of any delivery charges that will apply. You may accept the delivery charges or cancel your order at the time of being contacted by our Customer Service Team. We are currently unable to deliver to other islands including (but not limited to) the Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, Jersey, Guernsey and Scottish islands.
Please note that charges may apply for returning these goods in the event of cancellation, please see our returns policy.
Delivery times depend on the delivery service selected and the types of goods ordered. We always aim to despatch all goods in stock as quickly as possible.
Couriers will require a signature to ensure safe receipt of your goods. If you are not available to collect and sign on the courier’s first visit they may leave it with a neighbour, or in a safe place (i.e. hidden from sight and protected from the rain). A calling card will be posted through your door to let you know this has been done. If there is no safe place a calling card will be left with the courier’s contact number to arrange re-delivery. Our couriers will deliver until 9pm in most areas!
The couriers will attempt re-delivery up to a maximum of two (2) times and if delivery is not successful after the second attempt they will return the goods to us and we will issue a refund. We reserve the right to re-charge the delivery cost for re-delivery.
We may split delivery of your order into several parts based on stock availability. You will not be charged extra for this facility.
Method of Payment
We use Sage Pay to collect/process transaction information http://www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/security-policy.
You may pay by VISA, Master Card, American Express or PayPal. Please ensure if you are using a credit card that you provide the card holder's name as it is shown on the card, and the billing address corresponds as it appears on the card statement. Payment will be taken in GB pounds (£).
To help us prevent fraud, a landline telephone number is required for all orders. Card fraud is illegal and perpetrators will be prosecuted.
Right to Cancel
You may cancel your order any time within fourteen (14) working days, beginning on the day after you received the goods. We will refund the price of the goods in full and will reimburse you for the delivery costs you paid except where multiple items have been ordered and not all of them are being returned. However you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us. If a refund is payable to you we will process the refund as soon as possible, and, in any case within fourteen (14) days of the day you give written notice of cancellation.
To cancel an order, you must inform us in writing. You must also return the goods to us as soon as possible. The goods must be in their original packaging and in a sellable condition. The Customer is responsible for the way the product is packaged and it must be done so that the product can survive transit without risk of breakage or deterioration. All the transportation costs for returning the product to UK Table Tennis, as well as all the associated costs and risks of this return are the Customer’s responsibility.
You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation. This applies to all goods that are returned.
Our returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
If you return goods claiming they are defective, we will examine the returned goods and will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within thirty (30) days of the day we confirm via e-mail that you are entitled to a refund for defective goods.
If a refund or reimbursement is payable to you, we will transfer the money using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
If you have a query about returning goods, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warranty and limitation of our liability
The contractual warranty is restricted to the supply of parts recognised as faulty by our departments and do not apply to deterioration caused by:
- For the indoor and outdoor tables: normal wear on the parts, an assembly not in line with the instructions attached to each table, failure to respect the instructions for use and safety instructions placed under the tabletop and in the specifications, a lack of maintenance, use of aggressive products for maintenance, wind causing the table to fall when in storage position, when training alone or the return to the playing position or, more generally, a cause not related to the quality of the table (impact, fall).
- For indoor tables only: the use of abrasive plastic balls, prolonged exposure to the sunshine, excessive humidity and rain.
Not included in the context of the warranty: the carriage cost for faulty parts, the possible call-out of a technician, the labour, the compensation in cash or in kind for the table being out of action during the warranty period.
When a product proves to be faulty whilst still under warranty the Customer must contact UK Table Tennis’s Customer Service department, which will indicate what steps to take.
In order to process a complaint, the Internet user must provide the following pieces of information in particular:
- Type of product concerned and its reference
- Lot or Series number of product concerned
- A description or reference for the part concerned
- Proof of purchase and the date of this purchase
- A precise description of the problem encountered, with UK Table Tennis also having the power to request photos of the product that is the subject of the complaint first.
No return will be accepted without prior agreement by the Customer Service department marking the actual agreement between the two parties.
If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the goods and any proven losses that you suffer as a result of our failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
We will not be liable for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms and conditions that fall into the following categories:
- Loss of income or revenue;
- Loss of business;
- Loss of profits;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of data; or
- Waste of management or office time.
Nothing in these terms and conditions are intended to exclude or limits our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- Any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Whilst we adopt industry standard protections against computer viruses we are not able to warrant that this website is free from computer viruses or any other malicious or impairing computer program.
Nothing in these terms and conditions are intended to affect your statutory rights.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of any of our obligations to you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (a ‘Force Majeure Event’). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; or
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
In the event of a Force Majeure Event, our performance is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations to you may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. By accessing our site you accept that communication with us will be primarily electronic through e-mail or notices posted on our website. For contractual purposes, by accessing this website you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise specified the intellectual property rights in the contents of all the pages in this website, are owned or licensed to UK Table Tennis Ltd, or are used with permission from the owner.
The contents of this website may not be copied, reproduced, modified, downloaded or used in any form without our prior written permission.
We take all feedback very seriously and aim to deal with complaints as quickly and effectively as possible.
If you have a complaint please email email@example.com. To assist us in dealing with your complaint, please detail all aspects of the complaint, your order number and your contact details.
Our right to vary these terms and conditions
We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions that are in force at the time that you order goods from us unless:-
- Any change to these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority, in which case the changes may apply to orders previously placed by you;
- We notify you of any changes to these terms and conditions before we accept your order, in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions unless you notify us to the contrary within seven (7) working days of receipt by you of the goods.
The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with this website including orders for goods. By accessing this website you agree to submit to English law.
Data protection and privacy
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal information, including encrypting your information to applicable industry standards.
During your visit to the Website we may gather certain personal information that is necessary for the purposes of billing, delivery of your goods and queries. We only keep your information for as long as is necessary to process your order, process any applicable refunds, respond to any complaints/feedback or to provide you with promotional information you have subscribed to.
Ordinarily we do not have access to your financial information which is securely transferred directly to our card processing agents and who process it on our instructions.
When you make a purchase from our website, your e-mail address may be used to send you details of offers and promotions. You may unsubscribe from this at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will never pass on your personal details to 3rd parties unless we are legally required to do so.
The Website can recognise past users by using cookies. Cookies personalise your visits to the Website to meet your individual preferences. You can disable cookies by adjusting your internet settings.
When you supply your information to us you accept the risks associated with the Internet and consent to our processing your information in accordance with this policy and will not hold us responsible for any loss of your information unless we have breached our duty of care to you.